- 21 September 2020
- Social Media Marketing
With more than 2.70 billion monthly active users across the world, it is safe to say that Facebook really is a behemoth in social media. If you are an online business, or even looking to take your business online, Facebook is not something you can ignore. However, with more than a million posts published every single day, it is difficult to get noticed and attract the right audience. The good thing about Facebook is that you do not always need to empty your pockets to get people to engage with your content. This blog will give you 5 simple ways you can get your Facebook posts seen by more people.
1. Target Page Posts to Specific Users
Some social media experts say that targeted posts have a significantly higher chance of reaching users or fans who will be more willing to engage with your content. You can target posts on Facebook by selecting “Edit Settings” from the “Edit Page” section in a Page’s admin panel and then choosing your specific demographic.
Here’s what you need to do for organic post targeting
1. Enable targeting from your Facebook page settings
2. Review Facebook insights for info about your audience
3. Choose one or more parameters or categories for targeting
4. Try and run multiple targeted posts using various parameters
Facebook allows you to target posts based on age group, gender, profession, location, interests, relationship status and so on. You should mix and match the demographics and the criteria to find out which is the targeting parameter that’s performing better than the others.
2. Include Original Images in Posts
Back in 2014, Facebook announced that page, especially business pages, could see a decrease in the distribution of their text status updates because of a change in the ranking algorithms. The company found that posts that provide a more visual and compelling experience for the user are more popular as compared to simple text status updates.
Check out these tips when adding images to your Facebook Posts
1. Use the recommended aspect ratio for each image in the post
2. As far as possible use high-resolution original images
3. Always preview your images to check how they appear on PCs and phones
4. Show your brand logo clearly to communicate your message efficiently
5. Ensure that all images have less than 20% text so that they perform better
The effective use of photos, especially original photos, can go a long way to boost audience engagement and reach. However, simply adding meme photos or stock images can be counterproductive. Facebook has maintained that a high-quality article on a website will gain more prominence over meme photos which may show up a bit less prominently.
3. Choose the Timing of your Posts
Selecting the right time to post on Facebook can be tricky since it depends on different factors, including when your target audience will be active. One rule that you should keep in mind is that since Facebook has millions of visitors every day, it is probably best that you do not post when everyone else is posting otherwise you may get lost in the crowd.
Here are some tips to help you select the right posting time:
• From Thursday to Sunday is the time when posts receive the highest engagement period.
• Social Media experts found that the hours of 1 PM to 4 PM are most effective to get a higher reach.
• Facebook Posts posted around 1 PM, 3 PM, or 9 AM generally receive more clicks and shares as compared to any other time of the day.
Posting during off-peak hours works best because then your posts will rank higher when Facebook users first log on and check their feeds.
4. Invest in an Ad Campaign
The hard truth you need to face is that you can only go so far through organic posting, especially when you are first starting your page. If your business depends on social media engagement, then Facebook advertising is probably your best bet since it ensures guaranteed reach.
Here’s a quick look at some tips to create Facebook Ads
• Create content based on the demographics, interests and behavior that best reflects your target audience.
• Track the performance of your ads and edit your campaign in using Facebooks Ad Manager to ensure you get the best results.
• Be sure to set a fixed daily or lifetime budget for the time you want your ads to run so that you never spend more than you need to.
If you feel that ads will be too expensive, then it is worth noting that Facebook offers discounts if your ad content can be delivered with a social context. You can work with the best digital marketing agency to learn how to create unbeatable FB ads.
5. Focus on Creating Engaging Content
Here’s the bottom line, every single online platform, including Facebook, is looking to improve the experience of their users through engaging content. If you want to improve engagement, the solution is quite simple; create engaging content.
Let’s take a look at some ways you can create engaging Facebook posts:
• Creating posts with call to action buttons encourages people to participate
• Make sure you include visual elements, like a video, in all your posts.
• Use the Page Insights to understand what your customers enjoy most.
• Try to post at least two to three times per week so that users have something new to engage with.
When we think of the fact that Mark Zuckerberg said he wanted “to make the world more open and connected,” it certainly seems like he achieved that goal. Over a billion users are already out there looking for creative, engaging content to share with their friends. Your time to take your business online is now, your time to shine is now.