- 06 July 2020
- Mobile App
Just as Hamlet struggled with the question ‘To be or not to be?’ one of the eternal debates that go on between mobile app developers is ‘Google Play or App Store?’ With the Mobile App Development Services industry expanding every single day, businesses are always on the lookout for the best app development company and the best platform that will allow them to connect with a broader audience. This blog act as your guide on how to launch your business app on Google Play or iOS App Store. You will also get valuable insights into the key differences between the two platforms so that you can select the one that suits your business objectives.
How to Launch an App on Google Play?
The Google Play Console has a range of features and tools to manage your apps and grow your business on Google Play. The publishing status will help you to understand the availability of your business app on Google Play. If you are launching your app for the very first time, you should look for Mobile App Development and get expert advice on ensuring a successful launch. Here’s a quick look at the steps you need to follow to launch an app on Google Play:
- Step 1: Visit the main Google Play website and make sure you are signed up for a Google Play developer account
- Step 2: Enter the following web address in your preferred internet browser: “https://play.google.com/apps/publish/signup/” and go to your Play Console.
- Step 3: Select the All applications option located next to the Android app icon and then click on ‘Create application.’
- Step 4: Choose a default language for your app and add a title. You can then enter a name for your app as you want it to appear on the Google Play store.
- Step 5: Follow the instructions given in the relevant fields and create your app’s store listing.
- Step 6: Go through the content rating questionnaire for your app and then set up pricing and distribution settings.
If you need help launching your business app, you can collaborate with an app development company to make sure you get the right exposure. Mobile app development experts will be able to help you with the launch so that everything goes off smoothly.
How to Launch an App on the iOS App Store?
The iOS App Store is a digital platform that is developed and maintained by Apple to help users browse and download apps on their iPhones, iPad or other Apple devices. You can work with the best mobile app development company in your area to create a business app using Apple’s iOS software development kit so that you can launch your app on the iOS App Store. Here’s a general overview of the steps you need to follow when launching your app:
- Step 1: Since each app has different versions, and each version has multiple builds; you need to choose the build to submit to review before you publish your app.
- Step 2: Setting the right pricing and availability is the next step in launching your app. Along with the pricing; you can also select specific territories for your app.
- Step 3: For security reasons, all the apps need to be reviewed before they are available for download. You can start the App Review process for your app.
- Step 3: When you submit the app for review, make sure you enter all the required metadata and select the method to release your app manually or automatically.
- Step 4: Once you submit your app for review, you will notice that the app status changes to Waiting for Review. Once your app is approved, it will go live in 24 hours.
- Step 5: When your business app is approved, and it goes live on the app store, you can use promo codes to distribute to users when purchasing the app.
Since there are main phases in the development, review and launch of an app, it can be quite challenging to manage everything on your own. You can use the mobile app development services offered by a top-ranking digital marketing company to make sure your app delivers a great user experience on any Apple device.
Key Difference between Google Play vs. App Store
The platform you select to launch your app is critical because both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store use their own unique algorithm to rank apps. Now that you have a general idea about the steps to launch an app on Play Store or iOS App Store here are some key insights that will help you choose the best platform for your business:
Simplified Submission Process: While the submission process for both platforms is fairly straightforward, most app developers agree that the submission process in Google Play Store is less tedious.
High percentage of sales: Even though it seems that the Apple App Store has a drawn-out submission and approval process, it also has a high percentage of sales going to the developer as compared to Google Play Store.
App Review and Feedback: Any mobile app development company will tell you that the most essential aspect of developing is a good app is the feedback. App developers are known to get good feedback from the Apple App review team.
High Competition: Since it is a lot easier to publish apps on Google Play Store, the competition is much higher as compared to the Apple App Store. You can make the most of mobile app development services to ensure that your app stands out from the competition.
The Bottom Line
There will always be an eternal debate and an eternal battle in the mobile ecosystems between Apple App Store vs Google Play Store. If you find yourself struggling to decide between Apple and Google, you are missing the point entirely because the success of your app depends on both. You need to make sure you launch your app on both platforms so that you can connect with wide audiences and generate more revenue.